I have been writing on my blog for a while now. I use a style of writing that suits me. I realise that this style could be interpreted as “factual”. I try to keep room for interpretation and doubt in how I write my texts, but honestly, I am not a writer. So as a reminder for myself I am stating this to myself:
Please keep in mind that your blog (I am writing to myself now) is not meant to be factual.
I sometimes use words, put together in a sentence, that could read as factual. I remind myself that those words should be read as “As far as I know at this moment in time”.
My blog is a diary for me. I put down “stuff” so I can read it back later or to log what I have “found”, “realised for the first time”, “discovered” or “learned”.
I am Dutch. This means English / American is not my first lanquage and I am going to make mistakes. I try to use “Brittish” as my spelling checker on all my devices, but I am sure some “American” will get into my blog. I won’t be able to notice 😉 just saying.
I have a request for anyone reading my blog. If you found anything on my blog you know to be inacurate, incomplete etc, please send me feedback about it. I highly appreciate any opertunaty to learn.
I buy most of my whisky myself. However I have been send some samples in the past. Here is a list:
- Compass box “Enlightenment”, sent by Compass box
- Compass box “The circus”, sent by Compass box
- Koval “Millet” whiskey, sent by Haromex
- Koval “Rye” whiskey, sent by Haromex
- Koval “Four grain” whiskey, sent by Haromex
- Koval “Bourbon”, sent by Haromex
- Catoctin Creek “Roundstone Rye”, 40%, sent by Haromex
- Catoctin Creek “Roundstone Rye”, 46%, sent by Haromex
- Catoctin Creek “Roundstone Rye”, Cask%, sent by Haromex
- Journeyman “Corsets, Whips & Whiskey”, sent by Haromex
- Journeyman “Raven wood rye whiskey”, sent by Haromex
- Journeyman “Featherbone bourbon”, sent by Haromex
- Journeyman “W.R. White”, sent by Haromex
- Highland Park “Fire Edition”, sent by Typhoon Hospitality
- House of Malt “Highland 10 Year Old Single Malt Whisky”, sent by House of Malt
- House of Malt “Speyside 15 Year Old Single Malt Whisky”, sent by House of Malt
- House of Malt “Islay 10 Year Old Single Malt Whisky”, sent by House of Malt
- Highland Park “Magnus”, via Edrington UK
- Highland Park “Full Volume”, via Edrington UK
- Highland Park “The Light”, via Edrington UK
- Balblair 12 Years, Gordon&MacPhail, via Tweet Tastings
- Tormore 13 Years, Gordon&MacPhail, via Tweet Tastings
- Miltonduff 10 Years, Gordon&MacPhail, via Tweet Tastings
- Caol Ila 13 Year, Gordon&MacPhail, via Tweet Tastings
- Yamazakura 963, 21 Year Old, Dekantā, via Tweet Tastings
- Eigashima 2011 Kikou – Ki Series, Dekantā, via Tweet Tastings
Use of Images
I try to use my own photo’s on my blog. These photo’s will have “Image by iLaddie” in the “alt-text”. These images may be used under (CC) by others. For more information see below.
I try not to use copyright protected images on my blog. I will ask permission first or apply “fair use”. If anyone finds that I accidentally did not use copyright material correctly please let me know and I will promptly replace or remove the image.
Use of Texts
To illustrate by blog I sometimes use (Fair Use) texts found in work written by others. I will try to use my own words when writing my blogs, but honestly sometimes is best to quote since the original author has written it as it should be read. I try to illustrate these texts by mentioning the author and placing them in italics. I put the word “Quote” in from of them like shown below. Oh, and I recently found the “blockquote” option does in WordPress.
“Text found in another source” (author, date, etc)
I will try and redact my quotes in previous blog entries from before 21 August 2017. Please be kind if I haven’t gotten around to them ^_^.
As you can see I am a person with a blog. This blog has no other intention to write down my personal thoughts. These thoughts are my own and are not intended to offend, hurt or otherwise harm anyone.
I am not selling anything to anyone, so I have no commercial interest what so ever.
I am only human and this means I make mistakes. If I happen to have made a mistake and you find that I did, please let me know and I will correct such mistake.
This work by “iLaddie”, Rombout Mastenbroek is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.