When awarding awards it is useful to know how the selection was made and based on which criteria. So in this blog I will give insight into the method I will use.
Being a Nerd I will make use of a Kepner&Tregoe Decision Analysis model. I am a trained facilitator in the KT methodology, so not using it would be lame.
Which whisky’s will I choose between?
- All the whisky, whiskey, bourbon, rye, millet, wheat and blended whisky I bought / got in 2018.
- All the whisky, whiskey, bourbon, rye, millet, wheat and blended whisky I bought / got in 2017, but did not open yet. These are:
- Ardbeg, Corryvreckan
What do I award?
- A First, Second and Third place mention on my blog.
How do I select who won?
- I will draw up criteria and Weight-Factors
- I will add these to a Kepner&Tregoe Decision Analysis document
- I will give points to each whisky based on each criteria
- I accept the outcome based on the criteria and Weight Factors
What are the criteria?
- How much did I learn due to this dram?
- Score 0 when nothing,
- Score 10 for the most educational,
- Score of the rest relative to most educational.
- How much fun did I have while drinking it?
- Score 0 when I took no pleasure at all,
- Score 10 for the most pleasurable,
- Score of the rest relative to most pleasurable.
- How much effort did the Distillery make to bribe me?
- Score 0 for no effort at all,
- Score 10 for the most effective bribe,
- Score of 5 for any distillery that communicated with me in some manner.
- How did I like the dram?
- Score 0 when I did not like the dram at all,
- Score 10 for the dram I liked best,
- Score of the rest relative to best liked.
- How did I like the outcome of the Decision Making based on the outcome of criteria 1 till 4.
- If I agree on a mental level with who won based on criteria 1 till 4 then no points will be given to any of the drams.
- If I do not agree on a mental level with who won based on criteria 1 till 4 then the needed point to make the one I like best mentally will be awarded point, until that dram wins, regardless of criteria 1 till 4.
The Weight Factors [WF] given to the criteria are:
- Learn : 10 x [WF]
- Fun : 5 x [WF]
- Bribe : 2x [WF]
- Like : 5 x [WF]
- Just kidding, I am not weighing this factor at all 😉
When will the Awards be presented?
As soon as 2018 comes to an end I will complete filling in the Kepner&Tregoe Decision Analysis document with the finals drams and points per criteria. The winners will be announced as soon as possible in 2019 or late 2018.