I am thinking of awarding awards for the most Nerdy Whisky of 2016.
When awarding awards it is useful to know how the selection was made and based on which criteria. So in this blog I will give insight into the method I will use.
Being a Nerd I will make use of a Kepner&Tregoe Decision Analysis model. I am a trained facilitator in the KT methodology, so not using it would be lame. Plus, it would give a good laugh at my next training, because I can then show people the power of the KT method by showing of the line I am writing right now << this one.
Which whisky’s will I choose between?
- All the whisky, whiskey, bourbon, rye, millet, wheat and blended whisky I bought / got in 2016. I keep my collection updated on Whiskybase.
What do I award?
- A First, Second and Third place mention on my blog.
How do I select who won?
- I will draw up criteria and weight-factors
- I will add these to a Kepner&Tregoe Decision Analysis document
- I will give points to each whisky based on each criteria
- I accept the outcome based on the criteria and Weight Factors
What are the criteria.
- How much did I learn due to this dram?
- Score 0 when nothing,
- Score 10 for the most educational,
- Score of the rest relative to most educational.
- How much fun did I have while drinking it?
- Score 0 when I took no pleasure at all,
- Score 10 for the most pleasurable,
- Score of the rest relative to most pleasurable.
- How much effort did the Distillery make to bribe me?
- Score 0 for no effort at all,
- Score 10 for the most effective bribe,
- Score of 5 for any distillery that communicated with me in some manner.
- How did I like the dram?
- Score 0 when I did not like the dram at all,
- Score 10 for the dram I liked best,
- Score of the rest relative to best liked.
- How did I like the outcome of the Decision Making based on the outcome of criteria 1 till 4.
- If I agree on a mental level with who won based on criteria 1 till 4 then no points will be given to any of the drams.
- If I do not agree on a mental level with who won based on criteria 1 till 4 then the needed point to make the one I like best mentally will be awarded point, until that dram wins, regardless of criteria 1 till 4.
The WeighT Factors [WTF] given to the criteria are:
- Learn : 10 x [WTF]
- Fun : 5 x [WTF]
- Bribe : 2x [WTF]
- Like : 5 x [WTF]
- Just kidding, I am not weighing this factor at all 😉
When will the Awards be presented?
As soon as 2016 ends I will fill in the Kepner&Tregoe Decision Analysis document with the finals drams and points per criteria. The winners will be announced as soon as possible in 2017.