I have been wondering about Whisky Sour. I am clueless what it is and in this blog I will try to find out:
- What is a Whiskey Sour?
- How to make a Whisky Sour?
- What does a Whiskey Sour taste like?
- What glass to use for a Whisky Sour?
There is nothing much on here now, but I will add content as I learn it.
What is a Whiskey Sour?
- lemon juice
- sugar syrup
- egg white
- Cubed ice
- a cherry
- a cranberry
- an orange slice
- a lime slice
This sparks questions:
- why bourbon?
- any bourbon?
- why not a malt?
- if bourbon, than why isn’t it calles “bourbon sour”?
- are there more “sours?”
- ice in whisky? normally that is not done!
I’m not going to say how its done, so here are some of the recipe links i found.
- liqour.com: http://www.liquor.com/recipes/whiskey-sour/#gs.gD3lCiA
- beautifulbooze.com: http://www.beautifulbooze.com/blog/recipes/post/bourbon-sour
- beautifulbooze.com: http://www.beautifulbooze.com/blog/recipes/post/cranberry-whiskey-sour
- jamieoliver.com: http://www.jamieoliver.com/drinks-tube/recipe/whiskey-sour/#eTQuhC5xWbCA55u4.97
- corsairdistillery.com: http://www.corsairdistillery.com/recipes/
- catoctincreekdistilling.com: http://catoctincreekdistilling.com/enjoy/47-cocktails/244-loudoun-whisky-sour
more to come.